BECOME A MEMBER
Benefits of membership.
Chicago African Americans on Philanthropy provides a strategic and collaborative home for social sector leaders committed to advocating for investment in African American communities and building infrastructure for equitable leadership roles. As the region’s premiere affinity organization for African Americans in philanthropy, we connect our members to impactful efforts in the field and also serve as a platform for shared learning and relationship building.
CAAIP members enjoy the following benefits:
- A network of social sector leaders committed to advancing racial equity
- Unique opportunities to network with foundation peers
- Access to electronic mailing lists
- Webinars on timely issues
- Members-only briefings and content
- Opportunities to enhance practice by learning from other funders
- Voting privileges at membership meetings
- Ability to join the CAAIP leadership team and member committees
- Connection to potential future mentors, employers and colleagues
- Recognition on CAAIP website (institutional only)
Social JusticeThe Social Justice Committee helps CAAIP put together action agendas to advocate on social issues impacting the Chicago African American community through a lens of racial equity and inclusion.
Special EventsThe Special Event Committee is responsible for planning and managing CAAIP’s signature event Connecting Philanthropy and Community. This includes, determining its focus, managing operational and fundraising budgets, promoting the event, managing award nomination and selection, and organizing volunteers. Membership The Membership Committee support CAAIP to recruit, engage and retain our membership.
Foundation, corporate giving program, donor advised fund or giving circle
Staff or board members of foundations, corporate giving programs, donor advised funds, giving circles or nonprofits
Undergraduate and graduate students pursuing careers in philanthropy and interested in supporting African American communities