Website Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
Pediatric Healthcare Foundation
This position provides thoughtful and strategic direction as the Donor Relations team handles four primary areas of programming critical to deepening life-long donor relationships: acknowledgement, recognition, stewardship and accountability. This position focuses attention on strategic acknowledgement and stewardship programs, by working closely with Prospect Managers and leadership throughout the Foundation, as well as staff throughout the Medical Center.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Manage acknowledgement and pledge reminder processes, including correspondence from Chief Development Officer and other Foundation leadership; draft and edit language as necessary, obtain appropriate approvals from authors and prospect managers, provide clear, accurate and timely database reporting in Raiser’s Edge.
2. Act as subject matter expert for ThankView platform by establishing and updating best practices, educating Foundation staff and partnering with colleagues on the creation and execution of communications.
3. Create letters and correspondence from Foundation and Medical Center leaders to recognize donors and inform constituencies of key updates, offering donor-centered perspective when collaborating with prospect managers, service line administrators and physicians. Facilitate special requests for leadership communications, emails and other touchpoints.
4. Provide strategic and operational support for annual physician touchpoint calendar and communications designed to keep constituents informed of accomplishments and priorities of high-priority fundraising divisions.
5. Oversee signature and community event stewardship correspondence, providing key recognition and communications to donors, volunteer leaders, sponsors, families and others.
6. Partner with colleagues on initiatives designed to enhance Donor Relations services and programs.
7. Participate in the development and maintenance of team policies and procedures documentation.
8. Actively participate in benchmarking and “best practice” sharing with local and national colleagues.
9. Support the Community and Donor Engagement Team as needed.
10. Fulfill requirements related to the Medical Center and Foundation Equity, Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, education and activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
2. Minimum of 2 years of experience in development work, preferably in a healthcare or higher education setting and/or in stewardship/donor relations.
3. Discretion with confidential materials required
4. Exceptional written communication and editing skills required.
5. Prior experience and proficiency with Raiser’s Edge or other similar software preferred.
6. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as creativity and resourcefulness required.
7. Ability to work independently in a deadline-oriented team environment required.
8. Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects under demanding deadlines are essential.
9. A team-based attitude is necessary to work with internal and external constituencies.
To apply for this job please visit luriechildrens.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.