Position: Chief Development & Marketing Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Salary Range: $130,000 – $170,000
ChicagoCAC employees are expected to perform their job duties and act in a manner consistent with the Core Values of the organization.
The Chief Development & Marketing Officer (CDMO) has principal responsibility for the creation and implementation of all fundraising programs and initiatives, as well as marketing and communications. The CDMO supervises a team of staff members responsible for executing department activity and is a member of the Executive Management Team.
The Chief Development & Marketing Officer is responsible for the successful implementation of activities within the department, while acting in a manner consistent with the Core Values and the DEIAB (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Access & Belonging) Strategic Plan of the organization.
- Partner with the Board of Directors, Chief Executive Officer and other senior organizational leaders in setting fundraising strategy and goals that align with ChicagoCAC’s mission, vision, values and strategic plans.
- Drive development, marketing and communication efforts and planning for the organization and create a culture of philanthropy among the entire ChicagoCAC community.
- Create initiatives, strategy, tactics and action plans for all of ChicagoCAC’s development functions (The Annual Development Plan).
- Lead implementation of the Annual Development Plan, including annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, corporate and foundation giving, government grants and special events.
- Establish goals and oversee structures and systems for implementation of development efforts.
- Establish performance measures, monitor results, and with development staff, senior and volunteer leadership evaluate the effectiveness of ChicagoCAC’s development program.
- Continually develop strategy and identify opportunities for increasing giving to the organization.
- Act as the staff liaison to the Advisory Board, Associates Board, key fundraising committees and others as assigned.
- Participate with CEO and colleagues in strategic planning, budgeting, and executive decision making for ChicagoCAC.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, maintain accountability standards to donors and ensure compliance with code of ethical principles and standards of conduct for fundraising professionals.
- Actively engage with agency leadership in our efforts to create an inclusive and equitable culture for our clients, staff and partners.
Relationship Management and Donor Stewardship
- Maintain a portfolio of ChicagoCAC highest value individual, corporate and foundation donors and key prospects for gifts of $10,000 and above, serving as the primary leader responsible for stewarding these relationships and engaging executive and volunteer leadership as needed.
- Serve as the organization’s chief major gifts officer in identifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing and stewarding major gift prospects and donors.
- Cultivate new philanthropic, community and government relationships using a range of engagement strategies to grow ChicagoCAC’s circle of supporters and contributors at all levels and meet development goals.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with board members, donors, prospects, the philanthropic community, and key constituency groups.
- Support the Chief Executive Officer in board development and recruitment, including training as needed, and achieving member fundraising and engagement goals.
- Supervise all development activities including donor acquisition, prospect research, corporate and foundation grantsmanship, annual fund and planned gifts, board participation and fundraising special events.
- Supervise government grantsmanship and relations and partner with executive and program leadership in developing public policy for the organization at the state, federal and local levels.
- Direct interdepartmental/cross-functional coordination and communication between Development, Finance, Programs and Operations teams to capture and communicate the ChicagoCAC ‘story’ and assemble inputs to support fundraising efforts.
Management and Team Development
- Build and lead a high performing development & marketing team with a high level of professionalism and dedication to ChicagoCAC mission, vision and values.
- Prepare and manage the development & marketing department budget and evaluate annually the effectiveness of development programs including cost analysis.
- Ensure that all development related policies and procedures including gift designation, acceptance, recognition and acknowledgement are adhered to and reflect industry best practices.
- Participate in relevant professional and industry associations, networking and training opportunities.
The Chief Development & Marketing Officer has a high level of discretion and is considered a leader in the organization.
The Chief Development & Marketing Officer supervises directly or indirectly all members on the Development & Marketing Team, as determined by the needs of the organization. He/she/they is responsible for hiring, developing and evaluating all team members, and ensuring they conduct themselves in a manner which adheres to our Core Values and to our DEIAB Strategic Plan.
The Chief Development & Marketing Officer works closely with the other members of the executive management team, the Board of Directors, Advisory Board, Associates’ Board, and other volunteer committees.
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline/field required; an advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of ten years of experience in institutional fundraising and increasingly responsible managerial experience.
- Demonstrated experience with multiple areas of giving such as annual fund, major gifts, campaigns, events, foundation and corporate support/sponsorship, government grants, planned gifts and employee/volunteer partnerships.
- Proven success in securing five- to seven-figure gifts; and building and stewarding relationships with individuals, corporations, foundations, and public sector funders.
- Evident experience and success in building and/or managing a development infrastructure to achieve strategic and annual goals.
- Sound judgement and strong discretion in handling sensitive and personal information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in development and marketing related writing
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to project professional competence, leadership capability and personal maturity.
- Demonstrated capacity to work as a member of an ambitious and successful management team.
- Excellent team building, facilitation, and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Interest in promoting well-being for and resiliency in children and their families who have experienced abuse, violence and trauma, and passion for the vision and values of ChicagoCAC.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.