Website Chicago Foundation for Women
Chicago Foundation for Women
Chicago Foundation for Women (CFW) is a public foundation working to advance gender equity, which we believe to be inherently interconnected with racial, economic, and health equity. CFW envisions a world in which all women and girls, transgender, and gender nonbinary people have the opportunity to thrive in safe, just, and healthy communities. We celebrate the spectrum of identities and experiences of women and girls, uplift their leadership and center the voices of the community to achieve true equity. To support our philanthropy, the Foundation promotes increased investment in women and girls, raises awareness about their issues and potential, and develops them as leaders and philanthropists. Since 1985, the Foundation has awarded over $42 million to hundreds of organizations that help achieve its mission of gender equity across the Chicago region.
CFW looks at the broad spectrum of needs of all women. We support the areas of freedom from violence, economic security, and access to health, which we see as integrally related and are paths forward toward an equitable society.
Chicago Foundation for Women (CFW) is committed to becoming an anti-racist institution. The Foundation is in the midst of change, from an institution that tolerates racial and identity differences to one that excites these differences as powerful tools for systemic, anti-racist change. CFW is committed to engaging in continual analysis and essential restructuring to ensure the Foundation’s way of being is one that wields a shared power and holds itself accountable to racially oppressed groups to achieve its gender equity goal.
About the Manager of Donor Data and Stewardship Position:
This position coordinates and oversees CFW’s fundraising efforts and operations by providing support services, including analysis, applications support, list management, business process and other services related to all donor data used by CFW. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development (DOD), the Manager of Donor Data and Stewardship serves as the primary administrator of the Raiser’s Edge fundraising database, ensuring data accuracy, reporting, integrity and long-term health. This position also works closely with CFW leadership, the Development team and volunteer fundraisers to maintain the infrastructure and accountability metrics needed for the strategic solicitation, cultivation and stewardship of donors with the goal of increased revenue to support CFW’s mission.
How the Manager of Donor Data and Stewardship Breaks Down:
Donor Database Management (60%)
· Oversee all aspects of the Raiser’s Edge database, including regular and custom queries and reports, list maintenance, institutional data entry, and other essential database functions.
· Interpret development data and produce assets to glean insights and help the DOD develop appropriate cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
· Track progress and goals on behalf of the Development Department, working closely with Finance on monthly reconciliation and with the DOD noting giving trends and projections to inform fundraising strategies.
· Work closely with the Director of Communications and DOD to oversee the development of the annual fall and spring appeal campaigns; provide lists and segmentation strategies for online communications.
· Create and manage all campaign-related data entry, analysis and reporting in collaboration with the Individual Giving and Campaign Manager (IGCM).
· Oversee access to and use of the development information systems, including all aspects of data maintenance, staff training, security and integrity audits, and record- keeping.
· Train Raiser’s Edge users and assist staff with construction of queries, exports and reports; regularly audit data entry standards and procedures to ensure quality and make recommendations for improvement.
· Troubleshoot data and systems questions and proactively identify process issues and suggest solutions.
· Serve as liaison with systems vendors for issues including installation, upgrades and patches, special projects or performance.
· Perform other development and administrative duties as assigned.
Donor Relations and Stewardship (40%)
· Develop long-term strategy for data segmentation, targeting, research and solutions required to support long-term growth of donor stewardship and cultivation process.
· Supervise the donor acknowledgment process and Foundation stewardship calendar to ensure accurate and timely donor communication; oversee creation of all acknowledgment letters (managed by the Development Associate).
· In coordination with portfolio managers, manage prospect moves management system through Raiser’s Edge, and all relevant data entry and reporting.
· Passionately supports, understands and can communicate the Foundation’s mission.
· 3-5 years data management/administrative experience, or other relevant business experience.
· Strong business and analytic skills and technical aptitude.
· Minimum 2 years of experience managing essential database functions, including gift transactions, reports, and acknowledgements using Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred.
· Ability to produce quantitative and qualitative reports.
· Able to analyze problems and propose effective solutions.
· Highly organized, self-starter.
· Fastidious attention to detail.
· Able to accept supervision and direction as required.
· Ability to communicate tactfully and patiently with both internal and external constituents.
· Works effectively with all levels of staff; team player.
· Flexible and adaptable style.
· This position operates primarily in an accessible office environment. Some work at off-site locations may be required, and those may not necessarily be fully accessible
· This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, and filing cabinets
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
· The employee may be asked to lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds
· This position generally works in the office from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM with 2 remote work days, and occasional night and weekend hours are required
· The workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment
· CFW is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. CFW does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. CFW is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
· COVID-19 vaccine documentation must be provided within two weeks after the start date. If you believe you qualify for an exception from the requirements of this policy, for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs, you must provide a letter (on letterhead) from your doctor or clergy to the Human Resources Manager. The Foundation will explore potential reasonable accommodations for you that would not cause undue hardship to the Foundation. However, such reasonable accommodation is not required and cannot be guaranteed.
CFWs offers a competitive compensation package for all positions. Comprehensive benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, long-term care insurance, 403B plan with match, vacation, paid leave and sabbatical policies. Salary is $60,000.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter articulating how their skills and experience meet the responsibilities noted above with a resume to email@example.com.
o Subject line should read: Your Name + Manager of Donor Data and Stewardship
o No phone calls please
CFW seeks to fill this position as soon as possible and will work actively to build a diverse pool of candidates
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org