Website Crown Family Philanthropies
Crown Family Philanthropies (CFP or the Foundation) seeks a Program Officer, Education with at least seven years’ education research, policy, and/or practical expertise, and authentic interest in achieving positive social impact. Experience and interest in early childhood education/kindergarten readiness/prek-3rd grade issues a plus. Successful candidates will demonstrate a natural intellectual curiosity and appetite for learning, the technical abilities to manage grantmaking operations, and the appetite and skills to provide education sector thought leadership.
Planning and strategy:
• Work with the Education Program team (Committee Chair, Associate Chair, Program Director, and other Program staff) to develop impact strategy and goals, guide direction of portfolio, develop grant recommendations, assess current grant initiatives, and coordinate learning opportunities aligned with strategic framework. Coordinate with the Program Director to support and lead portions of effective, dynamic committee meetings. Guide the Committee through the grant approval process and through strategic review and decision-making.
• Establish and/or maintain diverse issue area expertise across the Education program priority areas with experience and interest in early childhood education/kindergarten readiness/prek-3rd grade issues a plus. Identify and bring in experts around specific questions to inform strategic impact and educate the Committee and board.
• Collaborate with other grantmakers on field-wide activities that build on Committee strategies. Build and maintain deep relationships with diverse stakeholders, working closely with grantees, funders and other external stakeholders to maximize impact on systems change. Understand best practices and immediate needs.
• Lead analyses on grantee organizations and grant outcomes. Lead the design of data collection tools and the development of narrative and oral presentations resulting from analysis. Develop and maintain frameworks to evaluate impact of grants and support the Committee’s data dashboard.
• Serve as a key staff contact for Education Committee, including primary staff contact for select grants
• Provide oversight and mentorship to program analyst(s) and/or senior program analyst(s), including ongoing professional development.
• Identify areas of possible cross collaboration with the Foundation’s other issue areas.
• Serve as an active participant and leader in relevant associations and convenings at the local and national level. Represent Foundation as a thought leader in the field, locally and nationally.
• Develop, facilitate, and leverage relationships with grantee partners, funders, and other external stakeholders to collaborate on efforts and maximize impact
• Research and analyze nonprofit organizations to determine fit with CFP’s strategic priorities; invite proposal submissions, as applicable.
• Contribute critical feedback to inform decisions on whether to accept or decline proposals based on established criteria.
• Analyze nonprofit financial statements and operational conditions to determine organizational strength and effectiveness. Formulate recommendations for grant size and term.
• Plan and conduct site visits, representing CFP to candidate organizations and grantees.
• Lead the preparation of materials for Committee meetings, including grant summaries, progress reports, grants dockets, budget materials, meeting minutes, and additional content as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree or commensurate experience preferred
Years of Experience: Minimum of seven years of progressive experience in a foundation, non-profit, government agency, and/or a research institution working on program-related issues in the education sector; specific experience and interest in early childhood education/kindergarten readiness/prek-3rd grade issues a plus
Minimum Knowledge/Skills Required
Project Management Skills
Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively manage project and implementation plans
Adept at using and manipulating project management tools and software
Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
Exceptional time management and prioritization skills
Demonstrated ability to “manage up,” ensuring Director and Program Officer(s) and other team members understand and appreciate the dynamics of program implementation and their role in it
Ability to anticipate needs, identify risks, and solve problems independently and in groups
Demonstrated ability to understand the feasibility and potential impact of program strategy and implementation approaches
Analytical and Communications Skills
Strong analytical and writing skills, including the ability to assess and synthesize complex information from diverse and multiple inputs into a clear, concise path forward
Excellent communication and presentation skills, and confidence in these while engaging high-level stakeholders
Demonstrated ability to navigate complexity
Collaboration and Relationship Skills
Ability to work with partners and facilitate multiple workstreams
Willingness to take initiative, manage a high volume of work, and meet ambitious deadlines
Possess the characteristics of humility, modesty, and integrity
Commitment to collaboration, adaptability, flexibility, and teamwork
About CC Industries, Inc.
CC Industries goes to market through a portfolio of companies in the following industries: Transportation Equipment & Logistics, Packaging, Capital Equipment, and Food. A primary focus across the portfolio is on manufacturing and distribution including metal fabrication, machining, reinforced composites, injection molding, lamination, and assembly.
Why work for us?
CC Industries, located in downtown Chicago, is a family owned business with more than a 100-year legacy and track record of creating an inclusive and engaging work environment. The company offers a rewarding workplace with a culture rooted in core values of integrity, trust, and empowerment. The workplace offers a high-level of self-direction and engagement with others to create a collaborative environment.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, individuals experiencing disability and BIPOC are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At CC Industries we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.