Website Goodwill Industries of Southeastern WI & Metropolitan Chicago
Non-profit community organization
The Director Workforce Connection Centers and Mission Partnerships WI is responsible for developing long and short term business strategies and overseeing operations for Goodwill’s WI Workforce Connection Centers and WI Mission delivery partnership integration efforts to advance the organizational strategic priorities. (Hybrid role)
Develops long- and short-term business strategies (3-5 years) and oversees operations for Goodwill’s WI Workforce Connection Centers and WI Mission delivery partnership integration efforts to advance the organizational strategic priorities. Oversees daily operations, directs staff in the development and implementation of departmental policies, procedures and programs. Forecasts and plans annual operating and capital budget, implements cost-savings measures. Maintains and adjusts operating budget, manages expenses based on changes in internal or external factors, and communicates budgetary performance. Typically works on projects and initiatives that span 2-5 years. Responsible for integration of systems, systems metrics and analysis.
1. Leading and Developing Talent: Manages departmental structure, development and training of staff. Actively networks and sources for positions throughout the organization.
2. Project and Change Management: Serves as project owner for high complexity department, cross-functional or multi-location projects and improvement initiatives. Set project direction including project scope, timeline and resources. Accountable for making decisions and project success. Manages change through effective planning, communication and coaching. Builds and participates in leadership coalition supporting and implementing organizational change.
3. Leading and Developing Talent: Manages organizational design for area of responsibility and directs talent planning, hiring, development and training of staff. Networks and sources for positions throughout the organization.
4. Community Engagement: Champions and engages with community relations efforts, links outcomes to business outcomes.
5. Promote Goodwill and its services among community leaders and local networks. Coordinate activities and establish strong working relationships with local resource agencies. Identify and ensure appropriate referrals are made to Goodwill.
6. Oversee the development of curriculum and or resources that respond to the specific needs of clients or employers seeking WCC, job training, or retention services.
7. Oversee all activities to support a client’s lifecycle within our Programs and Workforce Connection Center, including intake, orientation, resource utilization, training, placement, job coaching, and job reporting and record keeping.
8. Leads the development of sales and customer relationship management strategies for assigned operations. Coordinates with Goodwill’s cross functional business development resources to achieve cross selling results. Pursue and develop employer partnerships consistent with Goodwill’s strategic priorities to meet community employment needs.
9. Conceive and implement strategies for increasing mission impact, business growth, quality, and increasing margins within assigned projects and service areas, including that with strategic community based partners.
10. Ensure WCC operations align with the Retail store and its established policies and procedures by working with Goodwill Retail leadership.
11. Manages WI Mission delivery programs and assigned Workforce Connection Centers to ensure they are operating in accordance with all applicable requirements, and consistent with other programs and WCCs. Maintain and update procedures and manuals, and lead continuous improvement activities.
12. Cultivates new workforce development initiatives, including program design, implementation and delivery and ensures program scalability for replication.
13. Ensure compliance and accreditation standards are met from CARF, ISO and/or other accrediting organizations as appropriate.
14. Responsible for completing other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or experience equivalency, and a minimum of 8 years’ experience.
2. Experience in one or more of the following; Social Services, Nonprofit Management, Community Leadership and Development, Communications, Government sectors or a related field.
3. Proven track record of building and maintaining strong relationships.
4. Ability to handle multiple priorities and remain flexible in demanding conditions as priorities may change frequently.
5. Knowledge of disadvantaged populations, including unemployed, under-employed, and non-English speaking populations, and persons with disabilities and their barriers relating to employability.
6. Knowledge of community based organizations, government agencies and others providing social services within the community.
7. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
8. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word, Sharepoint and Teams)
1. Business Insight: Demonstrates thorough business/industry knowledge and can synthesize business information and respond to changing market dynamics effectively. Proactively monitors external factors and policies that may affect the organization. Uses knowledge to plan work and guide decision making.
2. Courage: Fosters a culture that supports people taking well-reasoned risks, regardless of outcome and appropriately advocates for decisions that are for the good of the organization. Confronts actions that are inconsistent with the Guiding Principles and demonstrates the ability to provide leadership through high-stakes situations, crises, or conditions of uncertainty.
CORE CULTURAL COMPETENCIES:
1. Customer Focus: Gathers customer satisfaction input and aligns business processes to work with those of the customer. Holds others accountable for meeting customer needs and addresses gaps in meeting emerging customer needs.
2. Values Differences: Creates an environment where differences are openly shared, embraced and incorporated into the team’s activities. Encourages others to be open to, seek and learn from diverse perspectives. Demonstrated sensitivity to cultural norms and expectations and helps other understand the value diversity brings to the business.
3. Communicates Effectively: Practices active and attentive listening and encourages candid and open communication among groups. Breaks down communication barriers and adjusts content and communication style to reach the audience and a diverse set of stakeholders.
4. Situational Adaptability: Sets an example of adaptability, adapting and shifting priorities in response to clients, constituents, or the organization. Helps teams adapt to new situations and shift approach or stay the course in the face of changing demands.
5. Drives Results: Fosters a sense of urgency within the team for reaching goals and meeting deadlines. Drives a record of success leading other to persist in achieving results despite setbacks or obstacles.
6. Ensures Accountability: Holds self and team accountable for outcomes and accepts responsibility for successes and failures of own work and the team’s work. Creates feedback loops within processes; monitors metrics and milestones to chart progress against expectations and accountabilities.
Job requires the following: remain stationary for sustained periods of time; ability to move about to accomplish tasks; must be able to operate a computer or similar technology, which typically involves substantial motions of wrist, hands and/or fingers; visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing data, operating equipment or review thoroughness of work; ability to communicate with others and exchange information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.