Website Habitat for Humanity Chicago
Overview: Habitat for Humanity Chicago (Habitat Chicago) is a nonprofit organization that works to champion healthy neighborhoods by investing in resident priorities, supporting homeownership, and building quality homes. We believe in a world where everyone has a decent place to live, and we invite people of all backgrounds, races, and religions to work towards this vision together in our three focus neighborhoods of West Pullman, Greater Grand Crossing, and Austin.
Position Summary: The Salesforce Administrator will provide support to Habitat for Humanity Chicago under the direction of the Salesforce, Systems and IT Manager. The Salesforce Administrator will help us achieve our mission by implementing and/or supporting applications in organization functional areas, maintaining the integrity of data and processes, maximizing the effectiveness of the CRM and associated applications, and helping our staff track, analyze and report key activities and relationships.
Scope: Habitat Chicago is seeking a Salesforce Administrator to help us maintain our existing Salesforce environment and related third-party integrations, build new functionality to help drive better efficiency and data management across the organization, and ensure integrity of data. This person will collaborate with numerous stakeholders across the organization to provide employee training and develop strategies to define and implement needed improvements.
Who Should Apply: Our ideal candidate will have a couple of years in the workforce where they will have demonstrated an understanding of business processes (how different tasks are linked together to get the job done). They will be keen problem-solvers and constantly looking for ways to make tasks simpler or more efficient. They will have a background in the business world, or some technical field which requires analytical thinking and working out the sequence in which tasks must occur. We want someone who is a quick learner, knows how they learn best, and understands how to communicate with the many other staff who use Salesforce. One of their jobs will be training staff in the use of Salesforce, so they should be comfortable demonstrating procedures for groups.
Key Responsibility: Salesforce Systems Configuration and Management (60%)
- Assist with designs, builds, tests, and deploys enhancements via the creation of custom objects, security controls, user profiles and permissions sets.
- Ensure integrity of data entered by various teams by creating systems for identifying and eliminating duplicates, identifying system errors that interfere with data quality, and running quality control systems to analyze integrity of data being entered by various teams.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining and managing all custom applications as well as any integrations or AppExchange installations.
- Collaborate with Salesforce, Systems and IT Manager and external Salesforce vendor to deploy changes in Salesforce.
- Work alongside the Salesforce, Systems and IT Manager in maintaining and improving the use of Salesforce.com and its Applications.
- Perform organization customization of fields, page layouts, and custom tabs, objects and applications.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to identify and outline specific data and business requirements, implement and document business process solutions, and ensure system security.
Key Responsibility: Salesforce Training, Documentation and Support (20%)
- Provide day-to-day end-user support and assist users with best practices to improve and increase their knowledge of Salesforce.
- Provide support and training for Salesforce use, including orientations for new staff and specialized training in response to changing roles. Provides recommendations for specific Trailhead training and resources.
- Develop department-specific manuals as needed.
- Assist all users with building and evaluating reports, dashboards, and mailings to ensure that all teams are supported; completes regular internal system audits and prepares for upgrades.
- Assist in developing and maintaining documentation on processes, policies, application configuration, and help related materials.
- Conduct onboarding and continuing training of Salesforce CRM System to users.
- Serve as the point person for system troubleshooting, coordinating with outside resources as appropriate.
Key Responsibility: Salesforce Maintenance (10%)
- Maintain security such as user accounts, mobile user accounts, sharing rules, user roles, user profiles, content folder rights, groups, list view rights, and custom pages.
- Maintain and create workflow rules, validation rules, formula fields and escalation rules.
- Maintain, upgrade back-up, and replace, as needed, applications within the Salesforce.com environment.
- Perform database maintenance tasks, including diagnostic tests and duplicate entry cleansing.
Key Responsibility: Teamwork (10%)
As a key Operations Team member, contribute to our organizational health through enthusiastic collaboration, leadership, and personal integrity.
- Maintain a “team first” outlook, supporting the success of the team and the mission in attitude, ideas, and actions; lead by example and with active, creative input for growing and improving the organization.
- Contribute enthusiastically to all organizational events, helping as necessary with set up/take down, management, networking, various tasks, etc.
- Engage with all members of team, program participants, and core volunteers.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with technology and ability to learn new systems and adapt them to organizational needs.
- Experience designing and implementing staff training and support; ideally in program evaluation.
- Experience in producing high quality results autonomously with little direction or guidance.
- Passionate about leveraging data and analytics to solve problems, improve programs and businesses.
- Developed project management skills, as well as the demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, grammar, and speaking
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and manage information from a variety of sources and formats.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to problem solving, continuous improvement, curiosity and personal development.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Personal volunteer experience.
- Understanding and enthusiasm for Habitat for Humanity philosophy and willingness to advocate its mission.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
2-3 years of experience as a Salesforce administrator in a similar environment.
- Extensive experience in the administration and maintenance of Salesforce systems.
Successful Habitat team members share the following characteristics
- Mission Driven: Mission first. We center neighborhood priorities in our relationships, decisions, and actions to advance our shared goals of affordable homeownership and neighborhood health.
- Collaboration: We are stronger together. We encourage, welcome, and integrate varied perspectives with intention.
- Adaptability: We listen and adjust. We are curious about and responsive to change, and innovative in our solutions.
- Trust: We do what we say we will do. We engage in relationships honestly and with integrity, holding ourselves accountable for our decisions and actions as a reliable partner/presence.
- Equity: We promote access and opportunity. We value diversity, create inclusive spaces, and tailor efforts to prioritize practices and resources that meet unique needs, disrupting the harm of racism and other systems of oppression.
- Respect: We listen to foster understanding. We recognize the inherent worth and value of every individual and honor the various gifts, talents, and perspectives each person brings.
Reports To: Salesforce, Systems and IT Manager
Hours: Full-time; 9am-5pm plus evenings and weekends meetings as required.
Environment: The Habitat Chicago office is located at Cermak Rd. and Carpenter St. in Chicago. It is accessible by car or by public transit. This position will have a desk, computer, and phone line in an open office environment.
Conditions: Must be able to lift 25 pounds and work at a computer for long periods of time.
Compensation: Salaried; $57,000-$60,000, depending on experience. 30+ vacation/sick/personal days per year. 90% employer paid health insurance; access to dental, life and 401k (5% match) plans.
FLSA Status: This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). It does not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
Training: The position will begin with an onboarding period to become familiar with the organization’s work and policies; they will be trained on the specifics of the role through a combination of in-person, online and written trainings and will be expected to take the initiative to review materials as needed and seek understanding of new developments in order to perform their responsibilities.
To Apply: Please submit compelling cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Salesforce Administrator”– Your Name” in the subject line by 9/29/2023. Successful applicants will be contacted for interviews. Position will remain open until filled.
Habitat for Humanity Chicago values a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Habitat for Humanity Chicago is an equal opportunity employer. This organization does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org