futures with promise
Case Manager, Full-Time
Function: Responsible for working as a team member to establish and maintain the collaborative and positive tenor of the residential team. Responsible for the direct care of program youth.
Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the mission and core values of Ignite (formerly Teen Living Programs). Reports directly to the Lead Case Manager.
Duties: The following duties are the essential functions of this position. A Belfort House Case manager will perform these essential functions with or without requested reasonable accommodation.
Case Planning and Management
• Coordinates and conducts Belfort House client move-ins and intakes, as assigned.
• Coordinates and conducts, as appropriate, a comprehensive assessment process for assigned clients.
• Develops and monitors, in partnership with the client and residential team, a regularly reviewed action plan.
• Works in collaboration with residential team and clients to determine most appropriate housing and secure placement.
• In consultation with residential team provides case management services, which include monitoring clients’ housing needs, education, employment, physical and mental well-being and makes referrals as needed, unless otherwise directed.
• Identifies and coordinates the resources for direct medical, clinical and psychiatric care of program youth. Ensures all parties are kept well informed about the medical and psychiatric needs of the youth, and completes referrals in a timely manner.
• Coordinates with clients to ensure attendance at and participation in appointments, meetings, and activities.
• Works in collaboration with residential team to coordinate clients’ support needs.
• Meets weekly for individual case management with each youth on assigned caseload.
• Conducts weekly review and audit of client behavior accountability protocol, as assigned.
Community Supported Space
• Works 1 weekly milieu shift which may occur during morning and/or evening hours and has 4 office days per week. Provides general supervision and appropriate intervention in the community supported space.
• Conducts 1-2 educational and personal development groups per week on the units in coordination with other staff and/or volunteers in consultation with the Lead Case Manager and Assistant Director of Residential Programs.
• Completes all required shift, case management, and activity documentation.
• Provides life skills training on the units both formally (in groups) and informally. Works with each client on basic life skills and daily issues impeding their progress toward self sufficiency.
• Conducts life skills groups and hosts community meeting as assigned.
• Manages any crisis and/or emergency that may occur on the units with clients.
• May accompany youth on activities and presents proper activity documentation to include receipts.
• Documents and maintains medication protocol.
• Assists youth with maintaining cleanliness, completing daily chores, and cooking.
• Writes clear and concise shift notes and maintains daily logs on all youth.
• Provides telephone or in-person screening to homeless/runaway/or precariously housed youth that are requesting service.
• Provides appropriate referral and placement services to callers contacting 24 hour crisis line services.
• Coordinates and conducts the intake and placement of homeless residents in temporary basic center program and/or transitional living program.
• Responds to all shift emergencies and effectively completes all documentation.
• Works as a part of a team environment by providing support and assistance whenever needed.
• Timely prepares and submits all required forms and statistical reports. Maintains documents regarding participant’s cooperation, daily activities and other records in compliance with agency and external policies, procedures and applicable licensing standards.
• Follows agency policies and procedures for the obtainment of information and provision of services to clients.
• Participates in program planning and evaluation.
• Participates in and contributes to regularly scheduled supervisory and team meetings.
• Participates in on-call rotation with other direct service staff. Ensures availability to arrive on site within 60 minutes to deal with crises or provide milieu coverage as necessary.
• May be called upon to participate in agency interviews.
• Provide on-going support and supervision for all volunteers and their tasks.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
• Bachelor’s degree (degree in Social Work preferred) or related field
• 5 years’ experience in related field preferred
• 1 year working with youth required
Automation: Ability to use computer equipment and Microsoft office applications, e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook. Must be able to learn and understand the system that retains the electronic records on all clients, and complete timely and accurate data entry as directed.
Physical: Must be able to climb stairs and short ladders on frequent, daily basis. May be required to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs. Must have valid Illinois driver’s license, proof of insurance, and insurable through Ignite’s insurance policy. If at any time, the employee cannot be insured under the agency’s coverage, the employee is subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org