Major Gifts Officer
Rockford University invites applicants for the position of Major Gifts Officer. In this critical role, the Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for securing major and planned gifts to support institutional priorities within Rockford University. This position will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and effectively match their interests with institutional priorities. The Major Gifts Officer will play a pivotal role in growing market capacity by identifying potential major gifts and establishing a strong pipeline for the Major Gift program. This person will be a member of the Advancement Team and will represent the institution in securing gifts and pledges of $10,000 or greater. The Major Gifts Officer will report to the Vice President for Advancement. A rich benefits package is available, upon hire, including medical, dental, vision, 403b with match and tuition remission for employee, spouse/partner and dependent/s.
• Manage a prospect portfolio of 100-125 prospects and identifying and qualifying new prospects to the portfolio as needed;
• Develop cultivation and solicitation strategies for all prospects;
• Communicate and articulate the vision, mission, goals, and core values of the University to prospective donors;
• Move the prospects through the stages of qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship;
• Work with campus leaders to develop and articulate philanthropic priorities and identify prospects;
• Build a working relationship with key faculty who will be effective in communicating their vision and opportunities for support at one-on-on e meetings or group presentations with major gift prospects;
• Participates in staff meetings and university events both on and off-campus designed to enhance donor engagement;
• Work within annual performance metrics to maximize ROI
• Works with Philanthropy & Alumni Engagement team to ensure that portfolio and solicitation data in the RU Raiser’s Edge database is current and accurate.
• Mentors, motivates, and supports volunteer leaders to help advance efforts with assigned prospects.
• 80% of time to be spent as front-line fundraiser
• Other duties as assigned by the VP for Advancement
The successful candidate should meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor’s required
• 3-plus years’ experience in philanthropy, professional sales, or related experience
• Successful experience in cold calls and virtual engagement
• Highly motivated , takes initiative, flexibility, and creativity with the ability to focus and prioritize
• Authentic, builds rapport quickly, and sense of humor
• Basic Planned Giving understanding
• Ability to work evening and weekends as well as travel up to50%
• Knowledge, understanding, and acceptance of cultural difference s and diversity within the campus, alumni, and Greater Rockford community.
To apply: Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter indicating salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanRescources@rockford.edu.
To apply for this job email your details to RChilds@rockford.edu