The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists equips the public, policymakers, and scientists with the information needed to reduce man-made threats to our existence.
As an independent media organization, the Bulletin uses free articles on its website, a premium digital magazine, iconic Doomsday Clock, and public events to advance actionable ideas at a time when technology is outpacing our ability to control it. The Bulletin focuses on three main areas – nuclear risk, climate change, and disruptive technologies – with the driving belief that because humans created these issues, it’s our duty to control them.
We gather the most informed, influential, and diverse voices tracking man-made threats and bring innovative thinking to a global audience. We apply intellectual rigor to the conversation and do not shrink from alarming truths. With smart, vigorous prose, multimedia presentations, and information graphics, the Bulletin puts issues and events into context and provides fact-based debates and assessments.
For more than 75 years, the Bulletin has bridged the divides between scientific advancement, global security, and public engagement. The Bulletin is an independent, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
The Advancement Services Coordinator supports the daily operations of the Advancement Services team including gift entry, event registration entry, acknowledgements and administrative support in implementation of department fundraising tasks. This position reports to the Advancement Services Administrator.
· Data analytics: Manage the Bulletin’s gift and donor database (Salesforce), including processes for collecting, tracking, and analyzing data. Use computer software (Salesforce) to conduct data analytics to enable the Bulletin to uncover trends, understand performance, and discover useful next actions to achieve its fundraising and donor stewardship goals. Use all methods of data analytics: descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive.
· Manage data hygiene: Conduct ongoing data hygiene efforts to keep information clean, including removing duplicate entries, updating incorrect and inaccurate information, and ensuring all data is input in a standardized manner.
· Project Management: Assist in the planning and execution of fundraising strategies, programs, and events.
· Gift and data entry: Follow all written workflows and processes, entering gift records into Salesforce and produce donor acknowledgement letters and tax receipts, enter event registration, ensuring updated and accurate information donor, prospect and subscriber records.
· Stewardship: Assist with the preparation of briefing packets and direct mail pieces for donor and prospect stewardship
· Administrative: Assist with various administrative duties, special programs and donor events as assigned by the Advancement Services Administrator and Chief Advancement Officer
· Confidentiality: Maintain confidentiality of all database contact records and information in accordance with internal policies and privacy laws
· Financial: Perform weekly check deposits and daily audits of transaction fields. Monthly reconciliation of payments with accounting to ensure transactions reflected in database and accounting system are accurate.
· One year of relevant work experience in data entry required utilizing Salesforce, or equivalent, in a nonprofit setting
· Demonstrated proficiency and problem solving skills, highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Demonstrated experience with quantitative reasoning and data analysis
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks, meeting deadlines.
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information with absolute discretion
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a high-level of computer proficiency, and strong internet research skills
· Interest in international affairs, public policy, science/technology, or related discipline a plus
· Advanced proficiency in Word and Excel strongly desired
· Must be comfortable working in a busy office environment and display strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to maintain calm and courteous demeanor and to work productively despite the heavy workload, competing priorities, and complex problems
· Flexibility to take on other duties as assigned
· Commitment to the mission and vision of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org