Website United Way of Metro Chicago
The Leadership Gifts Officer coordinates and manages the qualification, cultivation, and solicitation of individual donors and prospects currently at the Leadership Giving Level in workplace and non-workplace sectors. Partners across the organization to develop an enhanced communication, engagement, and stewardship program to this community of donors. Strategically cultivates a portfolio of up to 150 Leadership donors to potentially elevate to Major Gift/Tocqueville Society ($10,000+) level gifts. Builds and leads a Direct Mail strategy for leadership giving with a focus on $1,000+ donors.
• Responsible for prospecting, cultivating and stewarding Leadership donors for United Way to achieve financial goals with benchmark activity metrics.
• Coordinate with Mar/Comm Team to create tailored communication with current and prospective leadership donors to enhance their connections and lifetime loyalty to United Way. Work with Resource Development team to initiate a stewardship process that supports a culture of sustained Leadership giving.
• Devise innovative opportunities for engaging high-end leadership donors and prospects and create pathways for transitioning to Tocqueville giving.
• Collaborates with Corporate Engagement Managers and Resource Development team to identify and grow current and prospective leadership donors and implement Leadership Campaigns within key corporate workplace accounts to ensure donor growth and retention.
• Create, develop, and execute an annual direct mail program to sustain and engage current donors not included in the workplace campaign.
• Execute best practices to reclaim lapsed leadership donors. Recruit, equip, and manage volunteers to help drive and grow a Leadership Gift strategy.
• Work with Emerging Philanthropists Affinity Group to identify, cultivate, and engage new and current leadership donors within this group.
• Manage donor information system, which includes capturing information, documenting contacts, and producing reports as required within the organization’s customer relationship database, ANDAR.
• Stay current on trends, best practices, and research around leadership givers.
• Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the management team.
• Bachelor’s in related field and/or combination of equivalent employment and education experience.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of fundraising experience, preferably in Annual Giving.
• Demonstrated ability to secure gifts of $5,000 or more.
• Ability to cultivate, engage, and maintain relationships with donors and volunteers.
• Superior and effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
• Utilizes creative customer-focused service skills to achieve desired results.
• Possesses a collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit as well as the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage concurrent projects and day-to-day tasks effectively within a fast-paced environment.
• Operates effectively in a collaborative team environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office environment. Strong donor database experience.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.